In previous article we have covered the several features that are added or changed in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 Transportation management.
In this article we will cover the Warehouse management:
In Microsoft Dynamics AX Warehouse management can be used to monitor and automate warehouse processes. The Warehouse management module for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 lets you manage warehouse processes in manufacturing, distribution, and retail companies. For example, you can use the features in this module to complete tasks in the following areas.
Following are the features are added to Dynamics AX 2012 R3:
- Workflows – Configure inbound and outbound intelligent workflows.
- Picking and packing – Assign orders to clusters to pick from a single location and configure profiles to control the validation and packing of items into shipping containers. Alternate between picking strategies for batch and non-batch items.
- Wave processing – Create, implement, and release work using batch-scheduled or manual processing of waves.
- Inventory counting – Set up cycle counting thresholds, create cycle counting plans, schedule plans, and cycle count locations and items ad hoc.
- Containerization – Set up container groups to order the sequence of the packing process and create templates to support packing strategies.
- Mobile devices – Use scanners or other mobile devices to optimize precision in the picking and put-away processes.