In previous article we have covered the several features that are added or changed in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3. In this article we will cover the detail of the features that are added or changed in module Sales and marketing.
Register serial numbers in inventory is no longer required, now serial numbers can be registered during the sales process when you prepare the packing slip or the invoice for a sales order.
Serial numbers can registered on the packing slip or invoice either by entering them manually or by using a scanner.
The following list of some scenarios that this feature is intended:
- Registering serial numbers for items on sales orders on the packing slip or invoice.
- Customer pickup of sales orders with serialized items.
- Partial delivery and invoicing of sales orders with serialized items.
- Correcting packing slips and invoices with serialized items.
- Returning serialized items.
- Tracing the history of orders that include serialized items.