In previous article we have covered the high level detail of enhanced and addition of Retail module in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3. In this article we will cover in detail of new retail channel Call Center
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 for Retail supports:
- Multiple retail channels:
- Online stores
- Online marketplaces
- Brick-and-mortar stores and call centers.
New call centers are set up in the Retail module. Many typical management tasks for a call center are performed in the Call center module:
- In call centers, workers take customer orders over the phone and create sales orders. This topic describes how to create a call center and configure call center options
- Workers take customer orders over the phone and create sales orders and handle customer service throughout the order fulfillment process.
- Call center workers can enter payment information directly into the sales order.
- Workers can view a detailed summary of charges and payments before they submit the order.
- Workers can control pricing, and can access various data about customers, products, and prices from the sales order form.
- Call centers also have enhanced functionality for tracking customer history and order status.
- You can use both the Call center and Retail modules to perform key setup and configuration tasks for call centers.
- Call centers can be added to organization hierarchies, and can be managed together with online stores and retail stores.
- The Call center form can also be used to enable or disable groups of features that are unique to call centers. The following three groups of features can be enabled:
- Order completion – This group includes features that are related to payments and order completion in the Sales order form.
- Directed selling – This group includes features that are related to source codes, scripts, and catalog requests.
- Price control – This group includes features that are related to pricing options in the Sales order form.
Note: Each call center can have its own users, payment methods, price groups, financial dimensions, and modes of delivery. You can configure these options when you create the call center.
When you enable these features Order completion, Directed selling and Price control in the call center settings, they are available in the Sales order form for users who are associated with the call center. Most of these features require additional setup before they can be use:
- Set up parameters.
- Click Call center > Setup > Call center parameters.
- Use the links in the left pane to navigate to different sections of the Call center parameters form
- Import seed data.
- Create tax codes and sales tax groups.
- Set up number sequences.
- Define currencies.
- Select a language.
- You can create catalogs for call centers, and use new catalog features.
- You can associate details with sales items. This feature lets you view additional information about the selected line in the sales order form, such as images, purchase order information, delivery dates, and other relevant text.
- You can create scripts that appear in the Sales order form at the time of order entry.
- You can prompt the clerk who enters sales orders to up-sell or cross-sell products.
- You can set up and manage continuity programs, in which customers receive regular product shipments on a predefined schedule.
- You can create orders from an item list, which is a saved list of products that customers frequently order together.
- You can track the status of a direct delivery purchase order via the associated sales order, and use the direct delivery workbench to create and release purchase orders for direct delivery. You can also specify products that are always sent to customers via direct delivery.
- You can perform full-text searches for products in the Sales order form.
- Precise control over pricing for call center sales orders is available.
- You can view the calculated margin values for broker royalties and rebates in the sales order form.
- Enhanced payment functionality can be used for call center orders.
- Default sales tax groups can be used to create and view default priorities for calculating sales tax groups.
- You can create coupons that can be applied to call center sales orders.
- Installment payments can be used in sales orders.
- Broker support is available.
- You can put sales orders on hold.
- You can set up an expedited shipping mode that can be applied to a sales order or sales order line.
- Automatic notification and cancellation for backorders is available.
- You can track sales order events.
- You can view detailed order status.
- You can attach notes to a customer, order, or order line.
- You can define letter templates that can be used to generate personalized customer communications.
- You can define fraud rules to warn call center workers about potential fraud situations.
- RFM analysis can be performed on customers.
- You can track customer statistics.
- Enhanced functionality for customer service is added.
- You can track customer cases.
- Sales history can be purged.
In upcoming article we will cover the Call center feature, Create catalogs for call and new catalog features