While trying to add a subreport to an existing report there is something that need to be followed in order for a sub report to work within Dynamics AX.
- Put both reports within the same project (model project within Visual studio)
- Right Click on the sub report and choose properties. You have to manually type in the report name you want to use instead of being given a dropdown like normal SSRS
- Include the design name (ReportName.Report, ReportName.PrecisionDesign1, etc…) within the report name mentioned in step 2.
- Deploy the report to the same folder on the SSRS server
- (you may need to “move” your report into StaticReports> language> folder)
- Previewing of subreports does not work within visual studio for AX sub reports. Once you follow steps 1-4 you should be able to add the model to the AOS. Then deploy your modified report and the subreport should show up correctly whenever you call the report from AX.